Identity Theft Expense Coverage
Identity theft is a growing concern. Identity thieves steal mail, skim credit cards, hack into ATMs, and rummage through garbage in the search for their next victim. In the blink of an eye, criminals misuse bits and pieces if your personal information to obtain fraudulent credit and make unauthorized purchases.
As your mutual insurance company, protecting your risks is our mission. That is why we are pleased to provide Identity Theft Expense Coverage in your policy. This coverage is included at no extra charge to all Farm-Guard, Home-Guard, and Comprehensive Personal Liability policies issued through Grinnell Mutual. The coverage provides up to $15,000 (in excess of $250) for covered expenses incurred as a direct result of a covered identity theft incident.
Identity Theft Services available
As a value-added benefit, policyholders eligible for Identity Theft Expense Coverage also receive FREE, unlimited Identity Theft Services. These services are not insurance and do not reimburse you for financial losses. The services provided, however, can help you prevent identity theft and can guide you through the resolution process if you do become a victim. Identity Theft Services are provided by Identity Theft 911, the nation’s leader in identity management and fraud education. These services are available anytime you suspect your identity has been compromised.
To access the FREE Identity Theft Services from Identity Theft 911, simply call Grinnell Mutual at 877-467-2252. Grinnell Mutual will confirm your eligibility and transfer your call to a dedicated fraud specialist.
With our Identity Theft Services, the following assistance is provided by on-demand fraud specialists:
- If your wallet or purse is lost or stolen.
- If your home or mailbox is burglarized.
- If you see suspicious charges on your credit or debit account.
- If you find out that an organization you deal with has had a database security breach.
- When getting married or divorced, during active military services, or after the death of a loved one.
Document Replacement Help
- Credit or debit cards
- Drivers’ licenses
- Mortgage, employment, credit and tax papers
- Any lost, stolen, or destroyed personal identification or documents
- Call after a natural disaster or fire or while traveling overseas.
Identity Theft Resolution
- Unlimited personal assistance from the same fraud specialist throughout the entire process.
- Systematic notification to credit bureaus, creditors, government agencies, etc.
- Preparation of all documents and phone calls needed to resolve identity theft, including placing credit file fraud alerts.
- Direct assistance with filing a police report, creating a Fraud Victim Affidavit, plus a comprehensive case file to assist law enforcement and claims’ handling.
- Identity theft victims receive an initial credit report plus one year’s credit and fraud monitoring.
- Assistance with medical identity theft.
- Assistance with tax-related identity theft.
- Assistance if your child is a fraud victim.
- One year of active follow-up to make sure identity theft doesn’t happen again.
Don’t Wait to Become a Victim
Staying alert and informed can help you avoid becoming a victim. Identity Theft 911 provides resources you can use to:
- Stay on top of the latest scams and schemes.
- Find tips to protect yourself and your family.
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about identity theft.
- Sign-up for a monthly electronic newsletter.
Take advantage of these valuable resources by visiting the Identity Theft 911 Knowledge Center.