For a safer holiday season, here are some safety tips:
• Make sure your smoke detectors are working and have fresh batteries.
• Carefully inspect all electrical wiring before installing decorations. Lights strands are fairly inexpensive. If cords are damaged, discard and replace those lights.
• Use only properly rated extension cords. Check the amperage rating on the cord.
• Outdoors use only cords, lights, and decorations designed for outdoor use.
• Do not overload circuits. Limit the number of light strands connected end-to-end.
• Use fire retardant decorations.
• If using a live Christmas tree, cut off at least one inch of the trunk right before you set it into the tree stand. This fresh cut will help the tree absorb water. Keep the tree watered. If the tree dries out, do not use the lights.
• Turn Christmas tree lights off when you are not at home.
• Keep candles far away from flammable materials and decorations. Make sure candles are fully extinguished before you leave the house or before you go to bed. Double-check.
For more safety tips, please hover on the Safety tab above and select Safety and Loss Prevention Tips. Then scroll down to find Holiday Safety Tips.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Thank you for navigating to our web site! Please feel free to browse around and get to know us. Use the Agent Locator to find a professional independent agent representing Central Illinois Mutual. By representing more than one company, independent agents are able to tailor your complete insurance program to meet your needs.
Our Mission Statement
For more than 100 years, our mission at Central Illinois Mutual Insurance Company has been to protect our policyholders from catastrophic financial loss by providing:
- Quality insurance products through local professional independent agents,
- Superior claims service, and
- Excellent hometown customer service.
We specialize in farm property insurance. We also provide insurance for homes, rental dwellings, tenants, and mobile homes. We offer special discounts for qualifying insureds, including newer homes, brick homes, and two levels of claim-free discounts.
Farm liability and personal liability coverages are provided through Grinnell Mutual. Auto/home discounts are available for customers who write their property insurance with Central Illinois Mutual and their auto insurance with Grinnell.
Why Choose A Mutual?
The mutual concept is the essence of insurance. As a policyholder, you agree to share in the losses of others in exchange for the peace of mind knowing others will share in your losses. You become a member of your mutual.
The company board of directors and staff work to facilitate the day-to-day operations and to strengthen the company. We exist to serve our policyholders rather than to provide a return on investment to outside stockholders.